Pages

Posted on: Sunday, 9 November 2014

USA Road Trip: New York


If you didn't know I travelled around America for three weeks in September with my cousin Kathryn, and our friends Izzy (who I now live with) and Justine. The first State we visited on our road trip adventure was New York, which is somewhere I had never been but always wanted to visit. After a full day of travelling, from Newcastle to Paris and then Paris to New York, we spent our first night checking out Times Square and grabbing some food from the ever trusty TGIF's. We then got an early night in order to prepare for the following day.





After a hearty breakfast at Ruby Tuesdays we hopped on the Grayline buses (which we booked before arriving), and spent the day sightseeing. We visited the 9/11 Memorial - which was absolutely breathtaking, Wall Street and walked part way across the Brooklyn Bridge before spending our evening at the theatre watching Rock of Ages - which was incredible. We also popped to Guys American Kitchen and Bar for a cocktail afterwards.

On our third and final day in New York we crammed in as much as we possibly could, and by the end of the day my feet were absolutely covered in blisters and incredibly sore. However, it was so worth it as we ventured around Central Park, and I managed to get my photo on the Met steps even though they were blocked off (hello Gossip Girl reference). We visited Ellis Island and saw the Statue of Liberty, then in the evening we went to the top of the Empire State building which had an absolutely incredible view of the city. We also headed into the Grand Central Terminal, stopped at an Irish bar for some food and finished the evening by heading to the Top of the Rock.

In the beginning I really wasn't sure how I felt about New York as we were stopping in the Crowne Plaza which was in the centre of Times Square, but by the end of our few days I decided I really liked it. It's a very diverse city and I felt like we barely explored it, so you can be sure that I definitely want to visit again.

Have you ever been to New York?












1 comment:

  1. Fab pictures! I love New York, it was my first trip abroad on my own (I was 19 and it was exactly one year after 9/11). I'd love to go back and take the other half someday, show him all the places I visited on my own 12 years ago. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it would be lovely if you left a comment!


 photo copyright.jpg