Pages

Posted on: Monday, 7 July 2014

PRETTY NIGHT LIGHTS.

From the High Level.

Millenium Bridge.

Quayside.


One of my final modules at university was in photography and we were asked to do a self-negotiated project. I decided to pick light trail photography and capture Newcastle, my hometown. I absolutely love how light trails look, but I knew that the Quayside in Newcastle would be one of the best places to get a real feel for the city. The light trails look a lot more effective than I anticipated, and I'm really happy with how the images themselves turned out. I actually ended up getting a first (the highest mark available) for these photos. It's still a 100 times prettier in person though, trust me.


These photos just make me feel warm inside, and also give me a sense of pride. I spent a lot of time in my teen years hating on my hometown, I felt trapped and like I was never going to be able to escape it. I really under appreciated my city for a long time, but in the past three years or so I've realised what a great place Newcastle is, and it will always be my home even when I eventually move away. It's such a diverse city and there's always something going on, but one of my favourite free things to do is just come to the quayside and soak up the city. It's one of the best places in the UK and you can expect to see and hear a lot more about Newcastle on my blog in the up coming months!

Bekka x 

Light Trails.

5 comments:

  1. These photos are fantastic Bekka! I love them all. I hope you got an amazing mark for them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love how lovely cities look at night. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos Bekka, I love them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really lovely photos! I studied for uni near Newcastle but I'm never explored the city myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it would be lovely if you left a comment!


 photo copyright.jpg